September 29, 2014

Baby Blankets

A friend had a yarn stash that she was hating and thus, I promised to make use of it and then give it back to her.  MWAHAHAHA!  I loved the idea of making a bunch of stuff that I didn't need, but still having something to do - and how better to help a sister out?  I kind of figured that the yarn couldn't be *that* hard to work with - famous last words, right?

Anyhow, I see what the problem was, it's a nice bulky yarn, but it has a fine fiber twisted around it - AND IT GETS CAUGHT ON YOUR FREAKING NEEDLES EVERY TIME.  I mean... erm... it's somewhat irritating to knit with as it's terribly a titch splitty.

So I knit one blanket.
I think the lace may actually make this blanket less pretty.

Then I crocheted two more.
But boy do I ever loves me some bobbles

and shell borders.  SOOO cute.  

Crazy zig-zag stripes!
I hate this yarn.

(Though, I have to admit, it is much much better to crochet with.  Knitting with it SUCKED!)

No comments: