June 1, 2014

Raspberry!

Soooo... my sister was learning how to knit... and she was doing pretty well, but she didn't think she could make a particular cowl - so she pretty much sent me the pattern and asked me to make it for her for Christmas.  Well, guess who can't post things that are gifts now that the sisters & mother have figured out that this blog exists - yep, this girl.  And then guess who forgot that she hadn't posted about it.  Yep, still this girl.


Anywho, I kind of sucked at reading the details of the project page and it could have come out more appropriately (ie. I didn't read the directions for knitting in the round and then knit it in the round anyways because seaming is for suckers!), but I love it and I think my sis loves it.  :)

filters are fun, right?
I was so nervous that my sizing was bad when I was finished, it looked so small!  Then I wet blocked the damned thing and hung it to dry - not something I would EVER do if I were not aiming to stretch it - and voila!  Fits great!

No comments: